- Drinking a potion: role play the drining the quarter ounce or more of liquid and tear the tag. The spell in the potion affects you despite any protections in place. If unconscious someone can "force feed" you a potion.
- Casting an Earth Spell: Earth Spells require study to learn but provide a mix of utility spells, can heal injured people, harm undead, and even restore Life to someone just killed. They also can be cast in reverse, calling on Chaos, to harm people, raise the undead or control the undea, although this is widely viewed as an evil act which harms the world and is illegal throughout most of Tyrra.
- Casting a Celestial Spell: Celestial Spells require study to learn but allow the caster to call upon the four physical elements (fire, Water, Earth, and AIr) to do damage to their opponents as well as a variety of utility spells.
- Using a Scroll: if you can cast 1st level Celestial Spells you can use a scroll to cast up to a level 5 spell inscribed therein, and if you know 2nd level spells then you can also use 6th level scrolls and so on up.
- Casting a Cantrip: Cantrips are more powerful spells which consume rare magical components to be cast from a cantrip tome and which can be learned once one start the study of Formal Magic.
- Casting a Formal: Formal magics are longer, more cerimonial spells, normally cast from scrolls or books of formal spells maintained in Guildhalls. They consume rare components but can do things no other sort of magic can attempt to do.
- Activate a spell in a Magic Item: By touching a packet to one of your magic items with grants a use of a spell today and the word "Activate" before the spell&s;s Incant you can cast a spell you may not otherwise know. This abilitiy works a number of times indicated on them item.
Learning MagicLearning Read and Write and then Read Magic lets you learn Celestial Magic and use scrolls.
Learning Read and Write and First Aid and then Healing Arts lets you learn Earth Magic (either healing, necromancy, or both) as well as perform some basic medical diagnostics.
Learning Cantrips and Formal magic requires investing in Formal Magic once you have mastered at least one 9th level spell from one of the two spell paths.
Casting a SpellYou start each day (at 6pm) with the full set of spells slots you invested build points in. There are two different options chapters can choose for what spells you can cast in a given day, Memorization and Cast on the Fly. Our game has choosen Cast on the Fly so instead of preparing your spells at 6pm each day, you can choose what spell to cast as needed, so long as you have a free slot of the level needed. At 6 a.m. (the options Limited Reset which New England chapters all use) and at 6 p.m. (the standard Full Reset) the all the slots your character has purchased, used or not are renewed and available for use.
Throwing a spellIf you know a spell and can still cast it today (See Casting a Spell above) you take a packet in your hand, speak the incantation (also called the Incant, and throw the packet at the target (within three seconds) or touch it to a willing target within arm's reach.
You will see a series of buttons that will take you to each interesting subtopic. Or just click NEXT at the bottom of each section.