Kaurathi History, not Brief
The ancient history of Kaurath form its founding is perhaps best presented in a book written by a visitor from Evendarr. The ancient history of Kaurath up until the coming of the outsiders (PCs) a decade ago can be found in Eloheh-I-Dangal's book, Beyond the Northern Waste, A Guide to the Kingdom of Kaurath and the Culture of the Kaurathel.
Kaurath History, Stuff that Happened since then
The Events since then:
- Lots and Lots and Lots of Fighting at the Wall (Siltamurri) and against incursions from the Barrowhart.
- Violent Death and Murder at behest of adventurers saves Princess Ruthiel from the Wasting Sickness that plagues the Kaurathel line.
- Faery courts active, mostly Green Lady (Summer Court) and the Fool (Winter Court).
- (Halloween 2008) Sir Alric is Knighted and Dame Shiraz is officially made a member of the Dubhember.
- Saarbain and Sir Scythe are defeated and killed.
- Sir Alric continues to quest to for the key to the Tower for General Alexander. In exchange General Alexander has pulled his forces from the field.
- (April 2009) Battles with Sir Scythe.
- Adventurers learn the leaders of the Barrowheart were formerly members of the Court of Morathel. Princess Makea meets with us and let's us know she is passing but is looking for a way to continue to help.
- (Sept 2009) The key to the Barrowheart is forged. Alric and Chase are sentenced to an execution for their attack on the Winter Court to forge the Key. Alric agrees to a sentence of 3 lifetimes to the Winter Court to avoid War. Princess Makea dies and is forged into the Candle.
- (Season Opener 2010) Goblin attacks under the Beyzor Lord of Lies and Deceit increase; General Alexander enters the tower. Alric serves his first "life". Spirit Candle for Prince Talvi begins to be formed.
- Nightmarish evils lurk at the edges of daily life.
- Baylor cult rises from the shadows offering power and "freedom".
- (Memorial Day 2010) Confirmation High King Morathel was in the Tower of the Barrowheart.
- Death of High King Vichol while taking a death to seal the end of the Barrowheart War.
- Death of Prince Nicoli; Death of Prince Vallen.
- High Lord Magistrate stepped down.
- Prince Bulzaric announced by Skald Alric as Regent High King per the wishes of High King Vichol.
- Lord Rot was defeated.
- (Sept 2010) Lord Droch continues to form the Barrowheart against the Kingdom. The main portion of the Barrowheart has agreed to Peace with the Kingdoms.
- (Oct 2010) Funeral for High King Vichol, Prince Nicholi, and Prince Vallen. Alric formed a spirit candle for Prince Nicholi and was told his spirit was consumed by Beyzor Lord of Lies, Shadow, and Deceit. Ashes of the dead taken to the Shrine of Korlin.
- (July 2011) Droch is imprisoned in a stone and taken by Prince Malinok so he can never return.
- (Sept 2011) Alric elevated to High Lord Magistrate.
- Warrior Prince Bulzaric is acknowledged by the Stag as King.
- A lots of left over resentment and people who did not get the message about the end of war with the Barrowhart.
- Dwarves of Diamondheart Conspiracy in Kulta Kerros tries to restart the war. Ancient Dwarven Warmachines are revealed.
- Wait, who is that sleeping in Zoradieth's tower? King Morathel returns.
- Peace treaty with the Barrowheart under Queen Angelique.
- The Thane of Clan Copper is seized by the Inquestors of Kulta Kerros. His wife, the Athane, demands his safe return.
- Zoradieth (the Ancient Enemy) appears, High King Morathel is given control of the throne to oppose him; Prince Bulzaric goes with the fae to study kingship from kings of the fae courts and living lessons from the lives of his predecessors.
- Dwarven Civil war starts. Many Thanes and Athanes are kidnapped and sacrificed by Baylor cultists.
- Alliance with the Barrowheart against Zoradieth.
- Zoradieth appears to be beaten back again, disappears, although his minions remain.
- Dwarven Warlords appear, wielding weapons of power forged from their sacrificed ruler.
- Fleeing conflict Dwarves settle in Haltia and Kasember, allowed dwarven law by the Skalds of those lands.
- Dwarves in the High Kingdom begin digging tunnels and claim their diggings under Dwarven Law.
- King Morathel declares his task to fight Zoradieth complete on Zoradieth's word that their grudge is met, and retires to live with his wife. Bulzaric returns as a mature, serious High King.
- The ancient Dwarven Soul Forges become known. It is revealed that the Inquestors are using them to forge weapons from criminals and to imprison those detained.
- Baylor is revealed to be a faery body-hopper and is finally bound by Heroes so the fae can dispose of him. Skald Tatiana takes a death in this endeavor.
- Tru and Forge survive the forging of Baylor's bonds and begin to train in the use of their power.
- The Artificer, King of the Court of Artifice, reveals old labs to the world, and plans are stolen for some of the devices inside.
- The dwarves unearth something and tentacles sprout from the earth.
- Spiders come in droves like attercobs, seeking a new queen.
- Barbarian totems in Harcos are revealed as falling to undeath, becoming the bone tribes.
- The Beyzor Lord of Lies and Deceit reveals his return as Zoradieth ebbs from interacting with the land.
- Unusually fire resistant Trolls begin to appear in Kaurath as the Voruntu (Kaurathi Trolls) become active again.
- A Dubhember appears and debing to help Kaurath in subtle ways.
- Some fae appear and bring stories to life to revitalize them in an effort to defeat their ancient foe, the Tuskataergen.
- Strength and Tyranny is rediscovered as the newly allied Barrowheart seeks to clean up its borders for admission into the High Kingdom.
- The Harrowing of the Barrowheart is planned between Barrowheart and the Kingdom of Kaurath to remove the tainted influence of necromancy from the lands.
- Barrowheart becomes the 10th Kingdom, frustrating one of Zoradieth's prophecies about the Nine Kingdoms falling to his rule.
- New Dwarven realms under Haltia and Kasember asked to join the High Kingdom.
- Dwarven Civil war ends, Prince Petro Dragonhorde becomes High Thane.
- The year of the Darkwells.
- Barbarian Civil War.
- Defeat of the Bone Spider and its Clan at great cost.
Kaurath History, the Bards Sing
For notes from a (PC) bard go here soon.
Kaurathi History, Last Month
For the most recent events and state of the land see Welcome to Kaurath.