- Take a 8"x 8" square of natural cloth (cotton is Best)
- Use Green or Brown packets (our camp site requires earth tones) packets
- Fill it with 3/4 tbsps of pure millet or the small variety of bird seed (not rice, sunflower seeds, thistles, cracked corn, or other heavy or sharp items)
- Gather the Fabric around it and use a small rubber band (non-Latex is best) to bind the fabric or sew it shut carefully
- Make sure that it is loosely packed so you can touch your finger tips through the middle of the packet
Here is a video from another LARP on making packets. In our experience 8 inch by 8 inch cloth squares work better but it does show just how easy it is.
(Remember: Best Cloth is Cotton -- degrades well; Best Bird Seed is Millet -- contains nothing you need to strain out; Best Rubber Band is non-latex since some folks have allergies; Color must be Brown or Green for others.)