So lets get you signed up for an event
For the moment we are using paypal to handle our payments. To summarize:
- You pick the right button for the length of event or size of package you want (while costs are rising inexorably we have includes all our old discounts into the standard prices.)
- Click on the button.
- If you are picking a bundle send a note using the pre-reg form or via email to logistics[AT]kaurath[DOT]com) about who is part of the group.
- Visit LARPortal to register for the event and then update and print out your character -- our Game name is Kaurath (Their Users Guide.)
All the details are below.
- All on site event fees cover the meals on site starting late Friday. Please note any food allergies or limitations in the your Pre-Registration form.
- Pre-Pay Deadline is at least one week before the event because it helps us pay the site and for food and other costs. There is a discount for paying in advance.
- Players new to Kaurath get a special 50% discount on their first two events.
- Recruiting a new PC is worth a 1 CP bonus to the recruiter when then pay full price for an event.
- NPCs play free -- go direct to registration.
- Recruiting new NPC is worth 1 CP on second event, 1/2 CP for each of next 2 events. We collect this data when the fill out their post event survey.
- Recruiting a Full season NPC is worth 2 CP in addition to the CP above.
- NPCs play for free.
- NPCs get food, beds, and earn CP for the event.
- NPCs Earn bonus rewards for writing plot, committing to NPC a full season, recruiting NPCs.
- NPCs who do not need CP or other time credit rewards cn trade them in for other related rewards, gear, Intercon memberships, etc.
- NPCs who play at Kaurath recieve in game rewards like a player and can take a shift to play their PC.
- Visit LARPortal to register for the event and then update and print out your character -- our Game name is Kaurath
On Line Events
Kaurath on line is FREE but we will accept Contributions and count them towards your Donation CP
These are rough and unprecedented times in recent memory.
All our on line events this year are FREE.
We want to ensure Kaurath is still here after the pandemic along with Camp Cedarcrest. We are offering a special registration option for the online events, as a donation, that will count towards earning extra cp, however you do NOT have to pay to play online while we can't have in person events.
As always any funds collect past costs go to staff expenses and to our fund to cover reduced cost or free admission to face to face games.
In Person Events
Full Weekend Event
One Day Event Or One Day of a Full Weekend
New Player Half Price deal (first two events)
Medics, New Players, Merchants, Children not yet Combat Cleared, NPCs
- We offer free registration to anyone acting as our OOG Medic.
- New players pay half price for their first two events. Use the Day rate for a weekend event.
- Merchants who are selling more than player or support plots or the game directly also register the 1 Day rate for a Full Weekend event.
- Children who are playing full characters and are participating in combat count as normal players and pay the usual fee as the costs of supporting them are the same.
- Children who are not ready to participate in combat must wear a glowing blue headband and avoid combat. They do count towards the discounted family rat
- The first non-combat child accompanying a parent is free to reflect the impact of their need to spend actively supervising and engaging with them.
- Each subsequent child pays half price, or each pair of children pay as one adult to help defray our costs for each person on site.
- Babes in Arms are not counted.
Anyone not a legal adult must be actively supervised by a parent or guardian.
- We have offered discounts for large groups or pre-paid seasons. Please contact us about prepaying for multiple events or large groups of people or bringing recurring NPCs
If you have not filled out the current release please download a copy here, fill it out, and bring it to the event when you stop by Registration in the Tavern to Check-in to the event or scan a copy and email it to email@example.com.
If Kaurath is too expensive
If you have trouble covering the costs of any event please email logistics at this web address, kaurath.com. NPC and Staff roles are all free to take and we have contributions from some generous players which we use to try and reduce the costs of the game to those whose circumstances make it more problematic at this time.
If you have other issues please speak with us. No guarantee (not every LARP is for every person) but we can't possible try to help if we don't know of your need.
If you can help cover the costs of another player who can not afford what it costs us to run the game we are glad to take those contributions and use them to give reduced cost and free tickets to others.